We've Moved!

In an attempt to get organized, The Blogged Word has moved!

We're still on Blogger, just under a different account. Click to go to "
The New Blogged Word."

Thanks!



Friday, October 24, 2008

2185 Days to Retirement

2185.  What an interesting number. About 182 months. Just under 6 years. That was over 3 years ago and during that time, I've been tracking the countdown somewhat regularly. After a while, it caused me to begin a level of planning for the future I had never experienced. Not financial planning per se, although that has been a part of it - more like event planning.

Key birthdays, graduations, tuition due dates, vacation dreams - all the major milestones that have previously come and gone without much fanfare. After seeing 2185, it occured to me that with some foresight and "what if" thinking, there may be considerable opportunities to ehnance those life experiences - rather than see them come and go.

Since a significant amount of time has passed since 2185 slapped me in the face, I won't try to recap all that has taken place in my head since then. Although some of that may surface as we move forward, I'm mostly planning to capture those moments in time as new perspectives present themselves, based on the countdown.

2185, 2184, 2183...

No comments: